Graciosa chalethotel(Ski Olympic) and La Plagne
Posted: 24 January 2008 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-05

I’ve just returned from La Plagne, France. We stayed at the Graciosa chalethotel run by Ski Olympic.
The service we received was fantastic - the team at the hotel were great. The in-house ski/boot hire is a great idea. the technician Andy is very knowledgable and very helpful.
Ellie, manager, and her team were so helpful - nothing is to much trouble.
Chefs & their food are great. Home made cakes in the afternoon, and excellant three course meals in the evening, well presented and very tasty.
Joe, the ski host/guide, from my frieds reports was vey good. Warning: he doesn’t stop often.
The hotel is really well placed, on the piste between Aime and Plagne Centre. Hint: don’t put the brakes on if you want to make it to the lifts in Plagne centre!
Hubby used Oxygene ski school - good english and great instruction. I used Reflex for private tuition - run by Christoph who is v helpful. Vlad, my instructor was very good.
Olympic Bob Sleigh run:
I opted for the 4 man bob raft costing 36 euros each. The other options were too expensive at 100 euros each. I was looking forward to this immensely. The run itself was fantastic and not to be missed. However the experience was almost ruined by the treatment we received from the staff there. We were rushed through the door. They were not willing to wait for the rest of our group in the other minibus - despite the fact that we were 30 mins early. Whilst trying to find a helmet that fitted (without staff helping) they were outside shouting at us to hurry up! No pre-run briefing, history or video!! And we didn’t get our certificates at the end. If you want to experience the thrill then go for it but don’t expect

Posted: 25 January 2008 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-05

Hi Diverbird

Glad you had a good trip.
Can you let us know if we can also post this in our resort user review section? and treat it as a reader report for the book - comments on ski schools and hotels are always of interest to us…

thanks

Wendy