News in resorts
Posted: 11 September 2015 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2013-06-10

I just noticed that in the 2016 edition of the book, you missed the construction of a new cable in car in Val di Fassa, from Alba di Canazei to Belvedere, linking the Sellaronda Circuit to the Ciampac-Buffaure area, thus extending the size of the Sellaronda area further.

Posted: 11 September 2015 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-05-15

Good point. None of the tourist offices of resorts in the Sella Ronda told us about it, and because we currently don’t have a chapter on Val di Fassa we didn’t hear from that tourist office either. I’ll ask Abi to put a news item up on the site.

Chris

Posted: 11 September 2015 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-10

Another news I just saw you missed (but that announcement was made quite late, so you probably couldn’t put it in the book anyway): This year, a new fast 6-seat chairlift will open in Livigno, from Vallaccia to Monte della Neve, on the backside of the Mottlino area.

For News in every Dolomiti Superski resort (in which are all Sellaronda resorts, Val Gardena, Cortina d’Ampezzo and a couple more) you could contact the Dolomiti Superski company. They put informations on new projects on their website in october/november, but they would likely tell you what is planned in advance.

Posted: 12 September 2015 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-10

Please don’t mind my posts flocking in one after another, I post them as i read further in the book:

In Crans-Montana, the gondola from Aminona to Petit Bonvin was demolished without a replacement. The pistes still exist, but there is no lift serving them. Only way to get back from Aminona is by buses.