Inferno Ski Race 2009 Murren, Switzerland.
Posted: 23 August 2008 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-08-23

Hi all,
    I am a first time entrant into this race from Ireland and even though I sent in my entry form in early July, I have not heard whether the race office have recieved it despite trying to contact them by e-mail. Does anyone know if they send out confirmation of reciept before the 15/9 deadline or is it a case of hope they have it.Also is there any other way of contacting them other than e-mail ?
              Regards,
                  briand6868

Posted: 25 August 2008 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  206
Joined  2008-01-05

Hi,

I have not looked for any info on the Inferno before but have found this link ...i hope it works ok,there is a phone number and email address for contacts.

Dates:
Wednesday to Saturday, 21st to 24th January 2009

The registration deadline is 15th September 2008. The enclosed Registration Form should be submitted in duplicate to the Inferno Race Office, PO Box, CH-3825 Mürren.

Please note that entries can be accepted only on the official Registration Form, which must be signed by the applicant.
Registration form as PDF-File:

In case you do not have
a free Acrobat Reader - klick here.
Or you can order such a form by Email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), by phone ++41 (0)33 856 86 80 or
fax ++41 (0)33 856 86 96.

After the registration deadline, applicants will receive formal written approval to participate in the 66th Inferno Race.

The entry fee is payable by the applicant after he or she has received written approval, and must be paid by the date stated.

In signing the Registration Form, each competitor accepts the Inferno Regulations as well as any amendments in accordance with SWO Regulations. In signing the Registration Form, the applicant also acknowledges the fact that the Inferno Race is held in accordance with its own Regulations and partly over unprepared stretches. Each competitor accepts the current Regulations, assumes full responsibility for his actions and conduct during the race and exonerates the organizers from any liability.

.Here is the guts of it

many Regards

JonG

Posted: 29 September 2008 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-09-28

Good luck and enjoy as its great fun !

Posted: 07 October 2008 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-08-23

Hi Boys,
    Thanks for the info and the good wishes.I have just been able to contact the race office and they are sending out the confirmation notices at the end of this week.Chris, if you’ve competed before I would be grateful if you could give me any advice on the course and also on the check-in procedure, ie. do I need to go to the race office in Lauterbrunnen straight from the train station to get my lift-pass etc or can I get the needful from someplace in Muerren.
                Cheers,
                    Briand6868