Revamping wtss.co.uk
Posted: 05 May 2009 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-05

We are redeveloping our website for next season and we’d like your views to make our new one even better and more user-friendly…

We’re shortly going to be posting a poll on which parts of the site you would most like to see developed (and we’d like you all to vote please). But as a poll won’t give you the chance to comment, we’re also interested in any other content feedback (sensible, please!) that you might have.

Do you want more news, events, resort reviews, blogs, beginner info, deals etc….

We are already working on quite a few plans, in between preparing the next fabulous edition of the book.

Watch this space and our summer newsletters for more.

Wendy
(editorial team at WTSS)

Posted: 07 May 2009 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2008-01-05

I think the website is very informitive and does not need much improvement.
Some links to ski related websites, resort webcams etc would be handy, and perhaps a list of ski shops in UK would be good. Also a list of all the alpine airports and who flies there would be good in your travel section

Posted: 07 May 2009 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-05

Thanks Boabski

Yes, good point on the airports section - I’ve been keen on getting this sort of thing developed in Travel. We are working to streamline ‘Getting There’ info for the both the book and site.

We’ll hopefully have a much better structure for it too with the new site.

Posted: 07 May 2009 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2008-01-05

I also think the website is pretty good and doesn’t really need much doing to it. Certainly not in terms of layout.

Perhaps a revamp of the features section with some new articles and a general revision to the resorts sections would be welcome, especially some more words for the resorts described as minor (actually, us users should submit far more resort reviews).

Please keep the layout simple - no flash, no video, no sounds. We visit the site for information and that is what we need in abondance.

The matrix of who flys where from where would be useful, but it would need constant monitoring for changes such as Thompson dropping Coventry last season and could be really complicated by the likes of klm who do not do direct flights but on occaisions have really low costs and very convenient times.

John

Posted: 07 May 2009 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  382
Joined  2008-01-05

Thinking about revsions, I have just looked at the Les Arcs resort review and it actually looks wrong. I am pretty certain that more than 1% of the slopes are red and that there is much, much more than 12km of snow making.

John

Posted: 07 May 2009 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-05

Ooo - thanks John, clearly a data update error on the red runs: it’s 30%!

As for snowmaking, it’s the local area figure we had in the last edition of the book (revised each year) - but these will be revised of course for the new site.

Yeah - we plan to improve the minor resort entries too. We go through a lot this year..

Posted: 20 May 2009 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-20

Unless I have missed this feature, a search engine would be useful.
There must be some unwitting repetition of views about issues and resorts that cross from one thread to another.
Otherwise your web site and book are indispensable for the sentient skier and try saying that after a glass or two!

Posted: 02 June 2009 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-05

Yeah - I think that’s a really interesting idea Schuss - perhaps as a general site one. 

Do any of you lot use the share options on sites at the moment (Share, Twitter, Stumble, Facebook etc)?

‹‹ Forum