advise for ski trip
Posted: 11 January 2009 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-01-11

Me and my friends are looking for a place to ski during Feb. We are all beginners and not sure where is the best place to go skiing. We are choosing between Switzerland and France. Could anyone please give me some advise?

Posted: 11 January 2009 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-05

The first thing to note about February in France is that many of the schools will be on holiday after the 7 Feb and the resorts will be very busy until the first week in March - so the best bet would be the first or last week of the month to avoid the worst of it.

Otherwise, I’d recommend Alpe-d’ Huez which has some excellent nursery and progression slopes (lovely wide greens) - and great snow at the moment. Also, Flaine would be another good choice.

In Switzerland, have a look at Saas Fee - you won’t need a large resort and there are good beginner slopes. Somewhere quieter such as Arosa or Laax/Flims might suit too.

Posted: 13 March 2011 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-03-08

According to the Guardian Les Arcs is the best beginners ski resort.  I think this is because of the award winning ski school and a free beginners ski lift, which is useful because the ski pass isn’t cheap at £180 I think.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/nov/19/skiing.top10

Signature 

Total Ski