2 of 2
Revamp the "Getting There" segments!
Posted: 20 August 2015 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2013-06-10

I would always suggest to hire a car, or drive with your own, even from the UK that should be possible, maybe with one overnight stay on the road. The French have an excellent road network and you are very independent during your stay when you have a car.

Posted: 30 September 2015 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2015-04-15
dracon9 - 20 August 2015 11:23 PM

I would always suggest to hire a car, or drive with your own, even from the UK that should be possible, maybe with one overnight stay on the road. The French have an excellent road network and you are very independent during your stay when you have a car.

I agree.

Living in Finland makes it more less impossible to drive with your own (it’s possible I admit, but the cost will run out from your budget very easily), but flying and driving your self is really nice and easy - even with a 3 y old daughter with you!

For the 3 of us Norwegian offered ticket’s around 500 €. In the end the whole trip was cancelled and everything was done once again - Finnair gave us a really GOOD bargain with the flying points and in the end it was just around 120-130 €.

Car hire was just 170 € for 5 days (Sun-Fri). Driving was fun/ok from München and the roads are better then here in Finland. We stayed at Zell Am See and refuelled 1.0 l Ford Focus STW just ONCE during the trip and then again at the airport.

We skied at Zell am See, Dorfgastein, Flachau-Wagrain-Alpendorf and Saalbach-Leogang and everything went supersmoothly. If you plan to do this kind of “travel” vacation, remember also to visit at Kaprun Spa, Kaprun Mountaincoaster, Fieberbrunn Mountaincoaster and should you have time also the Leogang XXL FOX looked really nice.

2 of 2