THE WTSS WEEKLY SNOW REPORT
Posted: 14 December 2007 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2008-01-05

The weekly snow report is proof that the best ideas are often the simplest!

By reading the report every week, you get a really good picture not just of current weather but of the gradual cumulative effect of the snow which is falling. This enables you to make a much better informed choice about where to go. I’ve found the report much more informative than a simple list of resorts containing selective information supplied by the local tourist boards.

So if you’ve always wanted to go somewhere "traditional" at Xmas or in January but were worried about how much snow there would be, you can now book somewhere like Kitzbuehel with a degree of confidence.

OK, it is possible that mild weather could still turn things around but comparing the position with that in recent years, it is hard not to be optimistic. At least you know there is enough snow to cope with a short mild snap of the type that often appears in between snowier storms. And if you arrive to blue skies and sunshine you can enjoy it without worrying too much about the effect on your favourite run.

Well done Wendy and co. And a Merry Christmas to everyone!

Posted: 14 December 2007 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-05

Hi John

Thanks for this - much appreciated. It’s always difficult to judge what folk find the most useful. We do plan to add more resort details, but hopefully will keep the weekly review as it is.  I like writing it too… 

I’m in Austria right now (checking out the weather of course [grin]) and have to say that conditions are some of the best i have witnessed in a while - such a contrast to last year. And it has snowed every evening this week.

Schaldming now: tons of snow, cold, very good conditions. And the snow-guns are working overtime to add to what is already a superb base. Similarly, Flachau is in excellent condition too. Most of the skiing and lifts are open.

Anyone heading out for Christmas should have a great time.

Happy Krampus

Wendy