Alpine Answers, Collett’s, Inghams, Interactive Resorts, Momentum, Neilson, Ski Expectations, Ski Solutions, Ski Total, Ski Yogi, Skitracer, STC
- Best steep pistes on the Sella Ronda, shady too
- Accesses a vast network of connected slopes; suits intermediates particularly well
- Glacier option nearby
- Stunning, unique Dolomite scenery
- Lots of mountain huts with good food
- Excellent value for money
- Extensive snowmaking, one of Europe’s best systems, but ...
- They need it: natural snowfall is erratic in this southerly region
- Off-piste limited, possibly banned in places
- Mostly short runs with limited vertical
- Not a good base for novices
- Crowds on the Sella Ronda circuit
- Après-ski is not a highlight
- Off-slope activities limited
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
Arabba is a small, quiet village diagonally opposite Selva on the Sella Ronda circuit, with steep, shady local slopes – some of the most challenging terrain in the region. Off the circuit the Marmolada glacier provides some decent snow-sure skiing nearby. The distances you can cover are huge. And all of it is covered by the excellent value Dolomiti Superski lift pass. In overall scale, the network rivals the famed Trois Vallées in France. But individual runs are short; verticals of more than 500m are rare, while runs of under 300m vertical are not. And, away from Arabba, they are predominantly easy: there’s scarcely a black run to be seen and very little off-piste.
News – 2012/13
In Arabba, a new chair, Carpazzo, is planned for the Porta Vescovo area, and more snowmaking is to be installed. In Corvara, the Boè cable car is to be upgraded. The Gran Risa piste is to be enlarged.
News – 2011/12
The Bamby quad between San Cassiano and La Villa was upgraded to a six-pack. A new quad replaced one of the double chairs from Passo Campolongo to Monte Cherz, and a new snowpark opened in the Passo Campolongo area. The Costes da l’Ega lift at Corvara has been replaced by a quad.