Alpine Answers, Collett’s, Inghams, Interactive Resorts, Momentum, Neilson, Ski Expectations, Ski Line, Ski Yogi, Skitracer, Snow-wise, STC
- Best steep pistes on the Sella Ronda, shady too
- Accesses a vast network of connected slopes; suits intermediates particularly well
- Glacier option nearby
- Stunning, unique Dolomite scenery
- Lots of mountain huts with good food
- Excellent value for money
- Extensive snowmaking, one of Europe’s best systems, but ...
- They need it: natural snowfall is erratic in this southerly region
- Off-piste limited, possibly banned in places
- Mostly short runs with limited vertical
- Not a good base for novices
- Crowds on the Sella Ronda circuit
- Après-ski is not a highlight
- Off-slope activities limited
Arabba is a small, quiet village diagonally opposite Selva on the Sella Ronda circuit, with steep, shady local slopes – some of the most challenging terrain in the region. Off the circuit the Marmolada glacier provides some decent snow-sure skiing nearby. The distances you can cover are huge. And all of it is covered by the excellent value Dolomiti Superski lift pass. In overall scale, the network rivals the famed Trois Vallées in France. But individual runs are short; verticals of more than 500m are rare, while runs of under 300m vertical are not. And, away from Arabba, they are predominantly easy: there’s scarcely a black run to be seen and very little off-piste.
News – 2014/15
Lift capacity will be increased at Corvara with a six-pack replacing the Pralongià triple chairlift and an eight-person gondola replacing the queue-prone Borest quad chairlift to/from Colfosco.
News – 2013/14
A new six-pack was built between Arabba and Passo Pordoi, going up to the Carpazza chair – creating a new way to the lifts towards Marmolada. The kids’ fun slope above San Cassiano was expanded.
News – 2012/13
In Arabba, a new six-seat chairlift, Carpazza, opened at mid-mountain below Porta Vescovo. In Corvara, the Boè gondola was upgraded. A new terrain park, PlaygroundSNOW, opened below Bioch.
Blogs, features and news