Crystal, Independent Ski Links, Interactive Resorts, STC, Thomson
- Attractive, unspoiled village
- Stunning, unique Dolomite scenery
- Vast network of connected slopes on the Sella Ronda and access to smaller local areas.
- Decent mountain huts with good food
- Extensive snowmaking - one of Europe’s best systems, but…
- They need it: natural snowfall is erratic in this southerly region
- Few challenges and off-piste limited, banned in places
- Mainly short runs with limited vertical
- Crowds on the Sella Ronda circuit
Latest user reviews
mcleak 24 Jan 2011
RSimpkinuk57 23 Feb 2010
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
Canazei is a sizeable town in Trentino’s Val di Fassa – a fabulously scenic region that is rather neglected by the British. The cobbled streets, modern hotels and traditional-style buildings are attractively set beneath the most heavily wooded section of the Sella Ronda. The main gondola takes you up to the circuit, with its vast network of lifts and runs leading around a mighty limestone massif of spectacular Dolomite scenery. Individual runs maybe short and predominantly easy but the distances you can cover on skis are huge, making the area great for mile-hungry intermediates. Several local areas are accessible too and well worth the outing for quieter slopes. The extensive snowmaking is some of Europe’s best.
News – last season 2011/12
A new swimming pool centre opened – Dòlaondes – with indoor pool, children’s pool, slides and water features. A new patrolled freeride slope opened at Toè on Belvedere.
News – 2010/11
The Hexen Club opened – a nightclub, lounge and entertainment centre.