Alpine Answers, Crystal, Crystal Finest, Independent Ski Links, Inghams, Interactive Resorts, Momentum, Ski Bespoke, Ski Expectations, Ski Independence, Ski Solutions, Ski Total, Skitracer, Snow Finders, STC, Zenith
- Compact, traditional-style village with a traffic-free core
- High slopes with reliable snow
- Broad area of slopes linked to Samnaun in Switzerland
- Superb modern lift system
- Après-ski like nowhere else, with an unmatched number of exceptionally lively places
- Village is densely developed, and has a rather urban, glitzy feel
- Not ideal for beginners or timid intermediates, for various reasons
- Few seriously steep runs
- Very little wooded terrain
- Treks to the gondolas for some
- Après-ski can be a bit tacky
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
Ischgl is at last becoming better known to Brits. It’s about time – the mountain is one of Austria’s best, and we love it (except in a snowstorm).
The village? We’re less convinced. We visited a couple of seasons ago as part of a Tirolean tour and, looking back, Ischgl came in seventh out of seven as a place to stay. Yes, it has clear merits. But it’s all a bit high-pressure, with thousands of cars and scores of coaches piling in to its parking lots, and little room to breathe.
News – this season 2012/13
Two mountain restaurants, the Höllboden and the Panorama at Alp Trida Sattel, have been refurbished and extended. Snowmaking has also been extended.
News – last season 2011/12
A six-pack replaced the Sonnenlift T-bar on the nursery slopes at Idalp. And a covered moving carpet was installed in the same area. There’s a new umbrella bar at the Panorama restaurant at Idalp. Some 200 more snow-guns were installed.
News – 2010/11
A six-pack was installed from the Höllenkar valley (run 24) to the top of Greitspitz, serving the red and black pistes on its northern slopes. On the Swiss side, a six-pack replaced the Mullerbahn quad from Alp Trida to Alp Bella.