Crystal, Crystal Finest, Inghams, Interactive Resorts, Ski Line, Skitracer, Snow Finders, Snowscape, STC, Thomson, Zenith
- Relatively snow-sure glacier slopes
- Gentle intermediate terrain
- Lots to do off the slopes, especially in Zell am See
- Good cross-country trails nearby
- Limited area, especially when lower slopes are in poor shape
- Queues and crowds a problem when the glacier is most needed
- Sprawling resort and buses can get crowded
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
Apart from providing Zell’s snow guarantee, the Kitzsteinhorn glacier, Kaprun is a resort in its own right. The village is a sprawling but lively place, with a smart new leisure complex nearby. Getting around can involve crowded buses, so its worth picking your lodging with care. As well as the glacier slopes, there is also a small area of intermediate terrain at Maiskogel, popular with families. But the area lacks extent and challenges to keep experts and mileage fans entertained for long.
News – this season 2012/13
The Sonnengratbahn double chair is being upgraded to a fast quad.
News – 2010/11
A big new spa complex, with indoor and outdoor pools, spas, saunas, steam rooms and treatment centre, opened in the valley between Kaprun and Zell am See.
At the glacier, the top station at 3030m was remodelled and now includes a cinema, gallery and regional information exhibition.