Crystal, Erna Low, Inghams, Livigno Snow, Neilson, Skitracer, Thomson
- Reliable snow
- Large choice of beginners’ slopes
- Impressive modern lift system
- Cheap by the standards of high, snow-sure resorts
- Lively, friendly, quite smart village with a good Alpine atmosphere
- Long, snow-sure cross-country trails
- Few tough pistes (but off-piste is now allowed, we are assured)
- Bleak setting, susceptible to white-outs and lift closures
- Long transfers from some Italian airports (Innsbruck is quicker)
- Village is very long and straggling, with no buses later in the evening
- Nightlife can disappoint
Latest user reviews
Ian Collison 18 Jan 2007
George Gourlay 18 Jul 2006
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
Livigno’s recipe of a fair-sized mountain, high altitude and fairly low prices is uncommon, and obviously attractive, and may be enough to get it on to your shortlist, especially if you are a beginner or unadventurous intermediate. But don’t overlook the non-trivial drawbacks we list above.
After banning off-piste for several years up to 2012/13 the resort apparently now allows it and has heli-skiing as well. But the off-piste policy has varied so much we’d welcome reports on what it’s like in 2014/15.
News – 2013/14
A new Freeride Project was launched. And off-piste skiing and heli-skiing are, we are assured, now allowed after being banned for several years.
Blogs, features and news