Action Outdoors, Alpine Answers, Alpine Elements, Club Med, Crystal, Crystal Finest, Erna Low, Flexiski, Independent Ski Links, Inghams, Interactive Resorts, Lagrange, Momentum, Mountain Wave, Neilson, Pierre & Vacances, Powder White, PowderBeds, Ski Amis, Ski Bespoke, Ski Club Freshtracks, Ski Collection, Ski Expectations, Ski France, Ski Independence, Ski Line, Ski Solutions, Ski Supreme, Ski Total, Ski Weekend, Skitracer, Skiworld, Thomson
- Extensive slopes for all abilities, locally and in the vast Trois Vallées
- The highest resort in the Alps, and one of the most snow-sure
- Compact, with ski-in/out lodgings
- Convenient, gentle nursery slopes
- Decent range of hotels for a high, purpose-built resort
- Not a tree in sight
- Away from the ‘front de neige’, not an attractive place to walk around
- Not ideal for non-skiers
- Some very crowded pistes and dangerous intersections
- Queues for the justifiably popular Cîme de Caron cable car
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
For the enthusiast looking for the best snow available, it’s difficult to beat Val Thorens. For a late trip, in particular, it’s the best base in the wonderful Trois Vallées. But we normally prefer a cosier base lower down. That way, if a storm socks in, we can play in the woods; if the sun is scorching, we have the option of setting off for Val Thorens.
News – this season 2012/13
The Péclet gondola will be revamped with the addition of 10 cabins to increase capacity. The 4-star Hameau du Kashmir residence is due to open.
News – last season 2011/12
The new Thorens jumbo gondola opened above the Portette chair, opening up two new runs – a red and a blue. A new red run on the slope down from the Méribel valley was built. Another 5km of snowmaking was added.
The new 5-star Altapura hotel opened, as did the resort’s first 5-star apartment residence, Montana Plein Sud.
News – 2010/11
Two new green runs were created in the free nursery area, and a red run was added above Plein Sud.
A three-in-one pass was introduced for non-skiers, combining lift pass, six-day use of the leisure centre and a toboggan ride.