Hintertux / Tux valley
- Hintertux has one of the best year-round glaciers in the world
- Lanersbach’s slopes form part of an extensive area, linked to Mayrhofen
- Wide-ranging area lift pass
- Some excellent off-piste
- A choice of quiet, unspoiled, traditional villages to stay in
- Not the place for shops and throbbing nightlife
- Not ideal for beginners or timid intermediates
- Still some draglifts and slow chairs on the glacier slopes –Glacier can be cold and bleak in midwinter
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
For guaranteed good snow, Hintertux is simply one of the best places to go. Its glacier is not only extensive; it arguably has the most challenging and interesting runs of any lift-served Alpine glacier area. But the quieter, friendlier, non-glacial slopes down the valley, linked to the slopes of Mayrhofen, are also well worth exploring.
News – last season 2011/12
A 10-person gondola replaced the double chair from Tuxer Fernerhaus on the glacier.
At Finkenberg, a six-pack replaced the Katzenmoos double chair, on the upper slopes of Penken.
News – 2010/11
Work to improve snowmaking at Tuxer Fernerhaus (glacier area), and at Rastkogel above Lanersbach, was completed.