Action Outdoors, Alpine Answers, Alpsholiday, AmeriCan Ski, Chalet Chez Bear, Chez Serre Chevalier, Club Med, Crystal, Erna Low, Hannibals, Independent Ski Links, Inghams, Interactive Resorts, Lagrange, Neilson, Peak Retreats, Pierre & Vacances, PowderBeds, Rocketski, Ski Expectations, Ski France, Ski Independence, Ski Miquel, Ski Solutions, Ski-in.co.uk, Skitopia, Skitracer, Snow Finders, Snowed Inn Chalets, Thomson, Zenith
- Big, varied mountain offering a sense of travel as you ski
- Lots of good woodland runs
- One of the few big French areas based on old villages with character
- Good-value and atmospheric old hotels, restaurants and chalets
- Very friendly and welcoming locals
- Busy road through the resorts, and through the heart of Le Monêtier
- A lot of indiscriminate new building took place in the 1960s and 70s
- Still too many drags and slow chairlifts at altitude
- Limited nightlife
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
This is one of our favourite places. It is one of the few French resorts offering the ambience you might look for in a summer holiday – a sort of Provence in the snow, with lots of small family-run hotels and restaurants in old stone buildings. And the slopes are equally distinctive, with the trees reaching appreciably higher altitudes than the Alpine norm. The minus points above shouldn’t be ignored – it really is time Serre-Che merited more than ** for fast lifts – but we find they are far outweighed by the plus points.
News – this season 2012/13
In Le Monetier, redevelopment of the base area will continue.
News – last season 2011/12
A new self- and table-service restaurant, the Flocon, opened at Bachas above Le Monêtier. Also at Le Monêtier, a new two-storey restaurant was built at the base, plus a new building to house the crèche.
News – 2010/11
A new six-pack, Vallons, improved access from Villeneuve to Le Monêtier. More snowmaking was installed.
In Briançon, the Aigle-Bleu apartments opened near the gondola.