Crystal, Crystal Finest, Independent Ski Links, Interactive Resorts, Momentum, Neilson, Ski Solutions, Ski Total, Skitracer, Skiworld, Snow Finders, STC
- Excellent snow reliability, with access to two glaciers
- Fairly extensive network of slopes suited to adventurous intermediates
- Impressive lift system
- Wide choice of huts for its size
- Very lively après-ski/nightlife
- Towny resort is spread along a road that is busy with through-traffic
- You may need a bus to the lifts
- Main runs are almost all above the trees; only a couple are sheltered
- English not universally spoken
- Town centre can get rowdy
Latest user reviews
There aren't any reviews yet.
If you have visited this resort not too long ago, why not add your own short review to this page?
‘We were very surprised that we were the only people getting off the transfer coach in Sölden, while the other 50 went on to Obergurgl,’ said a reporter last year. Yes: the resort’s low profile in the UK is curious, given the powerful appeal of its snow-sure mountains and (if you like that kind of thing) its very lively après-ski scene. We always enjoy visits here, most recently in 2012, and so do the readers we hear from. And perhaps things are changing: two major chalet companies introduced big properties here last season.
News – 2010/11
Two new state-of-the-art gondolas, an eight-seater and a 24-person one above it, have replaced the bottom-to-top gondola on Gaislachkogl.
A new automated lift (Zentrum Shuttle) was built from the resort to the nursery slopes at Innerwald.